Best Business Web Hosting Companies
Use our handy
check list below to ensure your eCommerce plan includes everything you
need, or check out our reviews of the top eCommerce web hosting plans
below the check list.
Does the plan you want include all of the following?
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to allow you to
credit card information?
- A Dedicated IP address to host your credit card form?
- Is it fast so customers don't go to your competitors while
waiting for your site to load?
- Is it reliable? Remember, you can't do business if your
site isn’t available.
- Does it include email support to give you a professional
email address at your company domain?
- Does it have a shopping cart feature so your customers can
purchase more than one product at a time?
- Most importantly, is the hosting affordable, or will it eat
up any profit you make?
Using this checklist, let's see how several of the best
hosting plans stack up.
FatCow: A Silly Name For Great eCommerce Web Hosting
doesn't get much easier than when you choose
Their plans start at $44 a year (less than $4 a month), and
essential features: credit card processing, PayPal payment processing,
a shopping cart, and an SSL certificate.
You also get:
- Unlimited storage and unlimited bandwidth
- Site building tools that let you create a full-featured
- Free blogging and web forum software to connect with your
customers, including WordPress, phpBB, and Joomla
- Free domain name!
- Unlimited email addresses at yourcompany.com
- $125 in free advertising credits at Google, Facebook, and
Plus at Fat Cow, 100% of the energy used to power your server
is renewable environmentally-friendly wind energy.
here to sign up with Fat Cow Hosting today.
Yahoo! Small Business: The Premier eCommerce Solution
The original Internet shop-building site, Viaweb, was
purchased by Yahoo! in 1998 for over $45 million, becoming Yahoo!
Store. It still forms the base of one of the best eCommerce web hosting
providers available — Yahoo! Small Business.
For only $25.97 a month plus a 1.5 percent transaction fee,
you get all these incredible features:
- An unrivaled site builder from the company that made the
Internet easy to use
- The ability accept all major forms of online payment:
credit cards, debit cards, PayPal payments, checks, cash on delivery
(COD), post office money orders, and third-party money orders
- An easy-to-use drop-in shipping module that gives your
customers shipping options from FedEx, UPS, and the US post office. It
can also order the postage online and print it on your printer at no
Generate coupons, manage email marketing lists, and create instant
discounts to attract customers and make your business successful
- Use Yahoo's own site statistics tools to measure your
success and find areas for improvement—these are the same
tools Yahoo! uses to manage its multi-billion dollar web business
- Built-in inventory management that displays in your browser
—you can track orders, handle returns, and make exchanges
with the click of a button
- Free domain name, 1,000 email addresses at yourcompany.com,
unlimited storage, and unlimited bandwidth — all backed by
Yahoo's 99.9 percent uptime
Click here to get started with Yahoo
business hosting today.
BigCommerce: Big Service, Small Fees
Just getting started in eCommerce? Check out BigCommerce’s
free eCommerce University, then try their 15-day free trial. (No credit
If you decide to keep BigCommerce, plans start at only $24.95
a month and include:
- No additional transaction fees — you keep 100
percent of your profits
- Logins for up to 100 of your employees
- Sell unlimited products from your site
- 3GB storage and 45GB bandwidth — more than enough
to run a typical store
- $100 free credit to promote your shop on Google
- Drag-and-drop website builder anyone can use to create a
- Your site will be optimized for search by SEO expert Aaron
Wall, creator of top SEO website, SEOBook.com
- Accept pre-orders and sell on eBay
- Receive payments from over 50 payment gateways plus PayPal,
Google Checkout, cash on delivery (COD), and check. You can even
receive payments in multiple currencies and use BigCommerce's
free real-time currency conversion rate system
BigCommerce doesn't just talk big. They've been endorsed as
being the best in eCommerce web hosting by TechCrunch, Forbes
magazine, the New York Times, Fast
Company magazine, and Mashable, plus their site includes
numerous video reviews from happy customers.
Click to learn more about BigCommerce and
compare their packages!
The best eCommerce web hosting companies cannot teach you how
to do online business. There is only one company that teaches you how
to build an online BUSINESS (I hope you understand the distinction
between that and ecommerce web hosting).
SiteSell is a company based in Montreal. As well as hosting
and all the other tools you'll need, the company's Action Guide teaches
you how to research and profit from an online business, getting organic
traffic the smart way. Read
more about Site Build It here.
Best Web Content Provider is an SBI site. Just one of a dozen
I own. I never pay for traffic. All my visitors (2.2m uniques in 2011)
are generated via organic search.
Want a piece of that action? Find
from Best UK Hosting to the Top-Rated Web Hosting menu